Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tonight's conversations

Colsen got uncharacteristically angry tonight...   This was the conversation:

Colsen:  Can we have eggnog right now?
Pete:  No, not yet.
Colsen, completely irate:  BUT WHY CAN'T WE HAVE ANY??? YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN! YOU ALWAYS BUY EGGNOG BUT THEN YOU NEVER LET US HAVE ANY!!!!

Pete:  Colsen, the eggnog has been in the house for 30 minutes.

The boy likes his 'nog.



Then I had this conversation with Strider, who has a major paper due tomorrow and was starting it TONIGHT...

Me: How's that paper coming?
Strider:  Ok, I guess.
Me:  It's probably hard to write a paper on "Frankenstein," since you've never actually read the book.
Strider:  I'm just not going to talk about the book much.  The assignment is to talk about how I FEEL about the book.
Me: Well, I'd still recommend using some portion of the book at some point.
Strider:  I guess I could say something like, "I'm not sure what page it's on, but according to 'SparkNotes,' in chapter 3...."
Me:  I wouldn't recommend writing that.



And then there was this...

Miles:  What size is Strider's bed?  And what's yours?
Me:  Strider's is called a Full size, and ours is Queen.
Miles:  So does that mean mine is a Knight-size?  (He's been really into chess lately.  :) )






No comments:

Post a Comment