Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Day at the Zoo



Yesterday we went to the North Carolina Zoo -- and it was a perfect day for it.  The leaves were beautiful and the weather was great.  And thanks to the homeschool program the zoo has, the entrance fees, which should have cost $44 only cost $10! 


 









We took a couple of Strider's friends with us and I think everyone had a blast.  And I think we only said "Boys, get off of that" or "Boys, get back on the trail," LESS than 100 times!  At one point I came around the bend to find all 3 boys perched up high on the back of some bleachers.  I groaned, "Why do you guys always have to find the most risky place to be??" and a lady nearby chimed in, "I'll tell you:  B-O-Y." 


My favorite line of the day, though, was, "Can I throw a rock at him [a sleeping otter] to wake him up?  I've been wanting to do that all day [to all the sleeping animals]."  Guess who said it....  Pete!!  (Thankfully none of the kids heard him!)  Once a boy, always a boy.


Seriously, though, the boys were very well behaved, and even surprised us by listening to "The Secret Garden" on CD for about an hour on the way home.  :) 


Here are some pictures from our day:
















 


 


 


 


 


 














 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 














 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 















 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 



 



Read and post comments |
Send to a friend



1 comment: