Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October


 


October is probably in my Top 3 Reasons For Living in North Carolina list.


(And August and September this year were quickly climbing my list of Least Favorite Things About Living in North Carolina, so this month came at just the right time!)


What a beautiful month it's been...  Our windows have been open almost all day everyday (which I LOVE), and the best part is that we had almost no days that we ran the air conditioner, and have not yet turned on the furnace (although last night we probably should have).


AND, we finally got RAIN last week!  I had really been missing rain (we all were).  When I would watch TV and on a show it would rain, I would get jealous!  But we finally got a couple of good, cozy rainy days last week, and although we are apparently still in major drought mode, at least we got to remember what rain looked like.


So fall is finally here, and with it's arrival we've done all the appropriate fall things:  made some apple pies, made applesauce, picked out pumpkins, snuggled under a blanket on the couch to read books together, pulled out sweatshirts, collected leaves, etc.  I even got to play soccer last night (definitely a good fall activity) when Strider's last team practice for the season involved a parents-vs-kids game.  (And I scored!  With my left foot!  Proving that I am better than 7- and 8-year old boys.  And that I'm still too competitive on the field.)


The only real downside to this new fall season is seeing all the socks start creeping back into the laundry as everyone wears their sandals less and less.


Oh, and the funny thing is that my backyard gardens look like this!


 


 








My white daisy-like mums FINALLY bloomed...  I've been waiting for them since June!  So between them and my pink rose bushes re-blooming, it looks more like spring than fall.  (One note on the white mums... They are all over this bed and another one... and they all started from one little pot that someone brought me from a grocery store 2.5 years ago!)


Anyway, even though my gardens don't look too fall-ish, here are some pictures that do:


 













C






















R











 













S














Read and post comments |
Send to a friend



1 comment:

  1. Now that is a fall crowd! Strider looks like a good pumpkin hoister!

    ReplyDelete