Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Celebrating Dads

Pete and I are both very blessed to have fantastic fathers, who love us well, and have raised their families with integrity and wisdom. And I am grateful beyond words that my children have an awesome father as well, one who is a hero to them -- and me.

Unfortunately, this hero of ours has been out of town this weekend. He's with his college friends who get together regularly - -this time, though, I'm told it's a spiritual retreat. A lot of beer was also packed. And from the look of these pictures Pete just sent, I'd say they're having a great time!*


So, while he's been gone, the kids and I went up to my parents for part of the weekend, and had a great time. We had a little ceremony for Karin, who just sold her business -- our family is never one to pass up a chance for a retirement/rewirement party. And then, of course, it was wonderful to be with my dad on Father's Day.

The patriarch!

I love living so close to a lot of my family and being able to celebrate special things with them!

Soon-to-be dad, Graham, with Miles

A lot of the fam (we were just hanging out like this -- it was not posed, of course!)

*Before they left for their weekend in the mountains, 2 of the guys, Andy (nicknamed Soup) and Bryan Stewart (nicknamed Stew), came here for the night, giving us the opportunity to have "Soup and Stew for breakfast" -- get it? Here's some shots of everyone that morning on our new trampoline...

No comments:

Post a Comment