Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Cousins Camp: Year 2, Round 1


Rayna and Ava were the first batch of cousins to go through my parents' exciting fun-filled program this year, and once again they had a great time! I interviewed Rayna, so we could hear about it all in her own words (and believe me, she had plenty of words!):

So, Rayna, what was your favorite part of Cousins Camp?
The carousel.

What kinds of things did you guys do?
Well, sometimes we went to the pool. And we went to Imaginon. We don't go to Chuck E. Cheese's. Ava did her seat belt. Poppa helped me with mine.

Yes, but what else did you do?
I wore my Cousins Camp shirt.

Did you make a Cousins Camp shirt?
Yes. We used different colors. I used, let's see, I used purple and yellow and black, and let's see, and orange.... And we did marshmallows! And I had a hot dog for dinner. And beans. And begetables. And we did marshmallows, too. We got sticks and put them in the fire, and I got sticky!

And what else did we do? We went out on the porch, and more porch and more porch. We went on a picnic and we got this blanket. And we went to take a bath. And I played with the towels with Ava. And we washed our bathing suits.

Ok, but Rayna, didn't you ride on a train -- or even 2 trains -- and go to a restaurant and everything?
Yeah! My soup was really, really hot. And we got these plates.... [And it goes on like this for awhile...]

Is there anything you want to say to Nonna and Poppa?
Maybe I'll give them a call.

Well... are you thankful?
Yeah, I'm thankful! I LOVED Cousins Camp. I did! It was really awesome! And we went to bed, and we got up and had breakfast, and we had cereal, and Ava had cereal.... [I'll just edit out the rest to cut down on typing!] :)

Our little Miss Detail obviously had a great time. We missed her very much while she was gone, but are so glad she had this opportunity. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

  1. When I'm a grandparent, I want to do a cousins camp!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun! I love their matching bags! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Think I could slip in some of my kids for 'cousins camp'? I'm lucky to get a few hours out of my parents....never more than 1 kid for 1 night!

    I forgot to thank you so much for all the great science links. We have just been crazy over here!!!!

    ReplyDelete