Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Country Bumpkins

While this was the scene at our house last night (poor Kathryn!)....


...Pete took me on a date. Thanks to a great deal on Restaurant.com (80% off!), we were able to go to a really nice Italian place. I didn't realize just how nice it was until we walked in and saw all the servers in suits and tuxes... It was one of those places where they fold your napkin for you everytime you get up from the table.

I hadn't been in such a fancy place in a long time, and almost immediately said something embarrassingly naive to the server. Pete tried to play the world-traveler, used-to-fine-dining guy who had a nice laugh at his bumpkin wife... until he also said something embarrassing. As I laughed and laughed, he read my mind and said, "And, no, you cannot put this on the blog! Some things are just good for staying between the two of us." But now I'm going to forget all these funny things years from now (or really days from now)! Oh well... At least I got a few pictures of our elegant time...


Our first date in a Chrysler (courtesy of Enterprise Rental Car)
Enjoying our sorbet topped with champagne between courses "to cleanse the palate"...

A couple of days ago I had snidely commented about how somehow "teacher appreciation day" had gone unobserved this year. Last night, in the middle of our happy dinner, Pete leaned forward, took my hand, looked into my eyes, and said, "Amy, there's something I want you to know. This is for Teacher Appreciation Day." Nice try, I said. This date had been planned long before he was "reminded" about T.A. Day. :)

Altogether, it was a very lovely evening, even if we were a couple of out-of-place country bumpkins!


Today, we took our whole, pale-bodied bumpkin family to the pool for the first time of the season. For Miles, it was the biggest deal of course...
At first he wasn't sure at all:
Then he started to get into it.... a little bit... ... but mostly was happiest when he could run around on land.
The other kids all loved it, though! Milo's main question is, "What do you think you guys are doing, putting me in a PINK FLOWERED floaty thing?" Oh well, Sweetie... This bumpkin family is too cheap to buy you a different one... especially after last night's dinner!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun date! I love the Family Circus cartoon--too funny! Was it Colsen that asked if they should watch Leno or Letterman? :-)

    ReplyDelete