Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Catching up

This week has been a little hectic as Pete and I have both been making plans for trips, and then traveling.  Yesterday I flew up to New Jersey for my grandfather's service, and it ended up being a really nice, albeit short, time to see the relatives.  (I hadn't counted it up before, but there are are more than 50 members of Mor-Mor and Grandpa's family!)  I enjoyed seeing Mor-Mor, catching up with everyone, reminiscing about Grandpa, seeing pictures of him, hearing their minister talk about him, etc.  It was a whirlwind trip (I passed Pete on his way out to D.C. as I came home last night), but a very good one.

Meanwhile, the kids have been doing some fun things.... so here is my photo log for the last several days:

It's been a beautiful Fall, and they've enjoyed playing in the yard a lot...



Strider had an opportunity to visit the chicken farm some friends live on.  In addition to chickens, they have sheep which they shear, and then they spin the wool!  So he was able to learn about all kinds of things that day.  Here he is chasing the sheep:
... and being fascinated by the deer the man had just brought home:




... and learning about spinning wool, snakes, etc.
 Oh -- and the chickens! 

(I give up trying to format the pictures and text in this post!)

Another day, Strider and Rayna were James and Dolly Madison for a little presentation they did at their co-op.  :)

I don't have any good photos from the New Jeresy trip, but if I get some from someone soon, I'll post them here.  (hint, hint Keiko and Mom!)  :)

1 comment: