Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Colsen, on your last day of being 3...

Colsen, if you ever read this someday, I hope you can get past your first 2 reactions, which are sure to be 1.) This technology is really lame, and 2.) Your mom is a goofball.   I hope you do keep reading, because I want to tell you how much we have enjoyed you as a 3-year old!  I don't think we've ever enjoyed a stage more.

 We've loved your constant desire to create, build, construct, and innovate.  Your vocabulary matches your desire for action, as you've invented many verbs:  you're often telling us that you've been doing something like lopping or wrenching or dinking in (the last indicates that you've been hammering nails into a piece of wood).  Your words are a lot of fun, in general.  Last week you pointed at me, and then asked, "If Rayna is a lady, why doesn't she have milkers like those? 
We love your inquisitive mind, as you're always making insightful observations, or asking good questions. 

And we love your generous and kind heart.  You are often willing to give up something for one of your siblings, and you desire to love others well.  We are often amazed by your sweet and gentle heart.  My favorite things you say are things like "Mommy, I love you.  You're beautiful.  Can I marry you?"   Love it!!

If you are still reading this someday, Cole, and you're thinking "Mooo-oooom, why are you writing all this here??" I will just say that most of what I want to say to you, I am writing in the prayer notebook I've had for you since you were born.  (Talk about really old technology there!)  But I couldn't resist recording some of this here... along with these pictures.




Recently when Daddy handed you a banana, and said, "Here's your go-vayna," insisting upon using your baby word for it, you, rather exasperated, responded, "Daddy, don't say go-vayna. I don't call it that anymore since I grew up!!"

We love you, Cole-man, and are thankful for your 3-year old year.  We look forward to knowing you as a very grown up 4-year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment