Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ligonier pics from long ago

 Strider is getting ready to head off to camp for the first time -- to Ligonier, where Pete and I both worked as counselors for summers years ago (I was there in '92 and Pete was there in '93, I believe).  As I was thinking about the experiences Strider may have, I decided to pull out some of our old pictures of our times there...

Pete doing the high ropes course:
My group doing the low ropes course:
Pete with some of his campers:

Some of my campers and our cabin -- look at the open holes/windows!  Man I was tough, living in a place like that all summer.

Some of our fellow counselors:

Love the hair!

It's so weird that our son will now be one of the campers!  We hope he'll experience God's grace, presence, and beauty in that place, just as we did years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures and memories. I hope Strider writes lots of "corny" letters via snail mail. Each one will melt your heart.

    ReplyDelete