Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ready and waiting

Miles has gotten in the habit of trying to speed me along in preparing meals.  Each day when his internal clock tells him it's mealtime, he'll come running at me and yell, "Yunch!"  (or "beffast" or "dinner").  Then he always follows that with "Orange pay-mat!!" and runs into the kitchen.  He insists on getting himself an orange placemat -- if he can't find one in the drawer, he'll go up and look in the clothes dryer until he locates one.  He also kindly sets placemats at other places, --but always the inferior white or blue ones.

Then after getting himself placemat-situated, he gets up in his chair, sometimes after washing his hands, so this is what I see a lot throughout the day:
He's been known to sit there and wait for quite a long time -- especially if his internal clock does not match mine.

And his strategy to rush me along often backfires, since when I see him just sitting there like that, sucking his thumb so patiently, I just have to stop what I'm doing and go over and squeeze him!

1 comment:

  1. kai would be so proud of his cousin for choosing the orange placemat

    ReplyDelete