Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Things you don't want to hear your husband say during a home renovation project...

(....  and all of them have been spoken by Pete in the last 2 days, after he started tearing apart our master bathroom shower.  Everytime he comes downstairs and walks by, I get another not-so-encouraging tidbit.):

  1. Umm... I think this is going to be a bigger project than I thought.
  2. How much did you say you thought we should spend on this project?  Cuz I think it's gonna be more.
  3. Why does it seem like every little thing I need to do turns out to be a major deal?
  4. I forgot how dusty this was going to make everything.
  5. Uh oh.
  6. I'm sorry -- this is taking longer than I expected.
  7. I need to go back to Lowe's again.  (for the THIRD time that day!)
  8. This tool is too complicated to figure it out. I'm taking it back.
  9. Call your brother -- I might need some help.
  10. So, is it going to be a big deal if you can't use this bathroom for a long time?


This is the current scene:

Pete's current prediction:  "I think once I get to the tiling phase, I'll get in a good groove and there won't be any more big surprises."

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment