Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

39 and looking fine!

Pete's birthday this year was another festive summer event.  My parents rented a boat, as a kick-off for Cousins Camp, which nicely coincided with Pete's big day -- so we all went out on the lake for the day!  It was a very hot day, good for breezing around in a boat.  But if we were looking for some cooling off opportunities from the lake, we were disappointed:  the lake was 93 degrees!!  93!  I have never actually felt like I was getting into a hot water before, but I did that day.  Even when we were in depths of 30+ feet, it was still that hot.  Crazy.

Anyway, we all had fun tubing, picnicking, and cruising.  It was my first time ever to tube, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm pretty sure they kept sticking me back there because I was nagging too much ("drink more water!"  "do you have sunscreen on?")....I was told, "Amy, why don't you get in the tube and we'll pull you back to the dock" -- which was miles away.  But I enjoyed my rides anyway.
Pete and Dad went a little crazy trying to knock each other off the tube with their wild driving, and Strider wanted to be challenged as well.  We were all sore the next day! 

Due to the fact that I remembered my camera -- purposely stuck it in my purse to bring it -- but then forgot my purse, I do not have any good pictures from the day, other than this lame one taken by our cell phone:


After we got home I baked a peach and blueberry pie.... tastes like summer.  (There's a candle in it -- hard to see in the picture.  Pete isn't just blowing on the pie.)

I think Pete had a terrific day, and I'm sure he at least enjoyed the break from working on our shower.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment