Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Conversations with Colsen

 Pete:  You should have seen Colsen at the pool today -- I was throwing him up in the air and he went really high.
Me:  Colsen, were you scared??
Colsen:  No, I knew the lifeguard was there and was watching me if I drowned.
Strider:  What if the lifeguard wasn't watching because she was talking to someone else?
Colsen:  I wish my lifeguard was a spider because they have those big eyes that can see a bunch of directions, so even if he was talking to someone else, he could still see me!



Colsen:  Can I put baby powder on me?
Strider:  Why would you want to do that?
Colsen:  Because it smells good.  It makes a person smell like a candle.



Colsen:  Mom, guess what my job is.
Me:  Ummmm, are you a carpenter?
Colsen:  No...
Me:  A fireman?
Colsen:  No...
Me: A teacher?
Colsen:  No....
[This went on for quite awhile as I asked him if he was a doctor, a sewer-cleaner, a chef, a rescuer, a policeman, etc., etc.  Finally he interrupted me...]
Colsen:  Actually I tricked you!  I'm allll of those things!  I'm a builder and a rescuer and I help people and do all that kind of stuff because I'm like a James Bond kind of person..
Me: Wait- - what?  A James Bond person?  How do you know who he is??

(I'm assuming he heard about him from Strider -- but I didn't know Strider knew anything about him either.  Quite a mystery)

No comments:

Post a Comment