Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Frank Talk

Some of the things we've been talking about lately....

Miles:  I'm not a brother, I'm a sister.
Rayna:  No, Miles!  I'm the sister!  I'm the one who takes care of everybody!

**
Me:  I cannot believe this is the year we chose to come here.  This is the worst winter Moldova has maybe ever seen;  meanwhile Charlotte has basically skipped winter altogether!  They're not even having winter!
Pete (ever the postive one):  Oh, Amy, you wouldn't want to skip winter.  That would be just like Skipping Christmas, and we know [thanks to John Grisham] that that is never good.
Me:  That is NOT the same.

**
Our language tutor:  Ce mai faci ("how are you?"), Miles?
Miles:  Can I kiss you on the lips?
Me (very embarrassed):  Miles!  No, how about you just kiss her on the cheek.
(Language tutor nicely complies with request)
Miles:  Now can I kiss you on your eyes, and your hair, and your forehead...
Me:  Ok, time for you to go upstairs now!

**
This morning I was reading this Bible passage to the kids:
"That day when evening came, he [Jesus] said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped."
I stopped at that point and asked the kids, "Wouldn't that storm be scary?  Would you want to be in that boat?"  As the rest of us were all agreeing that it would be awful and we wouldn't want to be there, Colsen piped up:  "Yes!  I'd want to be in the boat --  because Jesus is there!"  
Once again, the teacher learns from the student.

2 comments:

  1. I love "listening" you guys' conversation... M is really funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, Colsen's comment blessed me so much. I am always trying to get out of the boat! I love his faith that sees Jesus and not the storm. Thank you for sharing it. I miss him in Children's Worship and all of you in church! We look forward to when you can come back!!!

    ReplyDelete