Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Joy for Joi, week 10

I'm closing in on #300 in my journal of Joy, listing things I am thankful for.  Almost 300 things in the last few months -- almost a third of my 1000 goal for the year!  Yes, God is good, and surrounds us with good things.  Here are some of the ones I have seen this week:

+ glimpsing little blades of green tulip (lalelele!) leaves poking up from the dirt

+ hearing the dogs "sing" along to Rayna's piano playing

+ receiving a real package -- almost 2 months after it was mailed!

+ meeting a Moldovan woman and hearing about her life and faith (in the Baha'i religion)

+ visiting a young Moldovan couple who just had their first baby, and seeing their tiny, one-room apartment full of joy!

+ learning about cork trees in Portugal

+ my youngest boy who sometimes asks if he can "holdj you" and sometimes asks if someone will "holdj me."

+ my middle boy who answers, "Oh I was just upstairs fighting a ninja" when I ask him where he was.

+ my kids who are so eager and excited to have new adventures and try new classes
+ my boy who insists on taking off his shirt as soon as the temperature gets higher than 55 degrees:
and,
+ portable entertainment technology

(Note an item that is not on my "thankful" list this week:  March Madness.  Those games have brought me zero joy this year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment