Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Joy for Joi

I've committed to doing Ann Voskamp's "Joy Dare" this year, which is essentially listing 1000 gifts to be thankful for in 2012.  It seemed appropriate to do this year, with my desire to find joy in the journey and all.  So far I'm on # 65.... so only 935 more to go!

And I figured that since Thursday is Joi here, I'd share some items from my Joy list today.  (Not all 65, don't worry.) 

Here are a few:


+Walking into our new kitchen for the first time and seeing this little book in the basket:
(It's called "Joy in the Journey" if you can't see the title)

+  Looking out the front door on this scene one afternoon.... and being thankful I could stay inside
+ Nice wide window-sills everywhere.  They just make me happy.

+ Russian ketchup in a bag (this picture is for you, Joel Golias!)

+ Seeing Miles in his first "big boy bed."  No more cribs for my babies!
+ Miles and Colsen sharing a room together
+ Hearing Colsen tell me, "I just gave Miles a lesson tonight in our beds!  I told him how to sing songs and talk to God!"
+ Having eveyone stay healthy and adjust well
+ A good first week in Moldova!

No comments:

Post a Comment