Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finding Joi

Our theme for this trip, we decided several months ago, would be a determination to find JOY, even when things were crazy/hard/incomprehensible.  I knew we would face a few extra challenges during these months, and it's easy for me to become overwhelmed and discouraged by it all, if I don't come at it with the right perspective.

One of the extra challenges I knew we would be taking on was in the form of 2 dogs.  The people who normally live in this house own them, and renting the house included the package deal of caring for the dogs as well.  Pete and I were very hesitant to take on this additional responsiblity... Having 2 more living beings to tend to in a foreign place sounded hard, not to mention the fact that half of our family usually ends up pretty itchy and sneezy around certain dogs.  But, after some deliberation, it seemed like this was still going to be the best situation for our family overall, financially, logistically, etc  -- and of course the kids were begging to have the dogs!

Well, get this... After we arrived, we met the dogs (aren't they cute?)...

The brown one's name is Sandy...

... and guess what this little one's name is!    JOI!  (pronounced pretty much like "joy")

The Romanian word for "Thursday" is Joi, and this dog was born on a Thursday, so that is her name. (Her mom is actually the other dog -- they look nothing alike, kind of like me and my mom!)

So we have, in a very a clear and tangible way, found Joi in this Journey already.  God just makes me laugh sometimes!!


(How's that for a post about the dogs, Jen?  :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I am so enjoying reading about your adventures and hearing how God is working through your lives.

    ReplyDelete