Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

And they've arrived!

Pete and the boys made it Chisinau without any major mishaps... although Pete said the flights felt veerrrrry long, thanks to some rather wild little boys who only slept in little spurts and woke up crying repeatedly... Anyway, they're happy to have arrived in the apartment there!

Thanks to the wonder of MagicJack, calling them is as easy as it was when they were here, so I've been in contact with them a lot. (Strider called me and woke me up the first morning they arrived) Colsen has been fascinated by the time differences and likes to remind me that it's a completely different time of day/meal-time for them than it is for me. And Miles likes to get on the phone and relate all of the foods he's eaten. Strider is excited that the apartment actually has ESPN (which we've never had before). It sounds like the adjustment is taking some time (sleep-wise) but other than that they are all faring well. Today they got out a little and explored a few blocks, came upon a Christmas festival and heard a little concert on the street.

Pete has not supplied me with any pictures of the apartment they're in, so I just keep looking at these that the realty company has on their web site --- and imagining exploded suitcases and toys and games and clothes all over the floor and beds... and that's probably what their environment looks like now.





It seems like a nice place for them.

And speaking of nice places, Rayna and I have been having quite the lovely time here at my parents' house. We are getting verrrrry spoiled by all the special meals cooked for us, decadent desserts bought for us, beautiful weather for going for walks, and time with my parents, grandmother and sisters. In fact, I've been rather tempted to extend my stay here.... No, no, no, I know that adventure -- not to mention the rest of my family -- awaits us in Moldova.

Rayna seems to have made a full recovery, as of today, and she'll be checked at the doctor's office tomorrow. So we hope to join them in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. very nice apartment and you're probably right about the suitcases....So glad Rayna is well and you will be reunited with your guys.

    ReplyDelete