Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Packaging game answers

I am thankful that some friends (no family members -- where's the love, folks??!) were good sports and went along with my random game, either commenting below or on Facebook.  :)  It's fun to hear the perspectives and the cleverness.  I wish some of you were with me in the stores to help me figure this all out!

Everyone who entered guesses got at least half of them correct!  There were a couple products, though, that had most people stumped.  No one got this one right:

It's actually ice cream!  And this is a very important one to know, after all. It cracks me up that it comes in a bag. Still tastes pretty good anyway.

And, only 1 person (Amy H.) correctly answered this one:  Baking Powder

(Side note:  I've found that if I put baking soda in my cookies like I do at home, they taste weird here.  But if I use some baking powder instead, they're better.)

So the complete answer list is:
1. Ice cream
2. Butter
3. Baking powder
4. Mustard (kind of creamy, though)
5. Milk
6. Yeast
7. Dill
8. Conditioner for hair (nice try, Dapper Dan-Man, Marc!)
9. Shaving cream (but I might always call it "beauty skin for men" from now on!)

If my calculations are correct, I think Catrin had the most correct answers with 7.  Congratulations, Catrin!  Feel free to come over and pick up your prize anytime.  :)  (I truly wish you could.)

Thank you everyone for playing and making my day a little brighter with your enthusiasm!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm a winner!! I'm so excited! I can't remember the last time I really won anything! And truly, I WOULD come to visit you if...I had a passport and a plane ticket and someone to watch my kids for a week! I made your "Moldovan Cake" (eggs/mayo recipe) and my mom ASKED me for the recipe. She loved it! And, it has such low sugar content that it's good for diabetics. So, mazel tov to you! I'll play whatever games you post on here, so post away, family notwithstanding ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they serve ice cream in a bag, have they embraced Steve Martin's Pizza-in-a-Cup?
    What a wonderful world....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late to play the game, but the ice cream was the one I was most sure about--second to the beauty skin for men. We went to a Thanksgiving party and were asked to bring ice cream. After scouring the freezer section of the store, we settled on something that looked like sculpted ice milk and tasted flat. Our friends laughed, enlightened us about the bags, and we came to really appreciate them. No scoop necessary--just twist and squeeze. We thought it was a great idea and still talk about it when wrestling with ice cream.

    Martita

    ReplyDelete