Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Conversations with Milo

Yesterday, Miles kept bugging me to eat one of the two green apples that are currently in the fridge.  He's been asking to eat one for days now, actually.  I keep giving him the red apples, because I'm saving the green ones for a recipe I want to make.  The conversation escalated to this point:

Miles:  Pleeeeeeease, Mom?  Can't I have a green apple?
Me:  I said no.  You can't.  I'm saving them.
Miles:  So when can I have one?
Me:  You can't.
Miles:  I can never have one?
Me (getting pretty exasperated and sick of this conversation):  Yes, I guess never.
Miles:  NEVER??
Me:  Never.
Miles:  Mo-om....  In Heaven!

(He said this last bit in a sing-songy voice, as if I should have already known that.)


 Lest I start to think I have a little spiritual giant on my hands, though, we had the following interchange last night -- about an hour after his bedtime:

Miles:  Woo-hoo!  Yes!  Hey, Mom, can I just run around?
Me: Good grief, why are so wild tonight?!
Miles:  I'm drunked!


1 comment:

  1. I feel like sending my little friend a bag of green apples. I wonder if Fed-Ex will deliver those.

    Uncle Alan

    ReplyDelete