Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

To and From the Cabin

On our way to Hanging Rock this past weekend, we stopped at Dan Nicholas Park -- a place I've been wanting to go to for almost a decade.  Unfortunately, we arrived after 2 pm, and the attractions all closed at 3 pm (wasn't expecting that), so we had to rush around to see what we wanted to see!

The best part, at least in the opinion of the little guys, was the mini-zoo there.  We saw bald eagles, turkey vultures, bears, wolves, foxes, and a bunch of other creatures.  Colsen, in particular, was flying high!  He ran through all the exhibits once, and then came back to get Miles and brought him around to show him everything.

There was also a carousel, a small train to ride, a giant playground, and a reptile house (which I definitely avoided.)


It was a fun little adventure.

Then, after our weekend, on the way home, we stopped in Winston-Salem and went to one of my favorite places on earth:  Reynolda Gardens.  I used to go there to study sometimes during the week (during grad school) and to walk and pray and play on Sunday afternoons.  Back then I could never have imagined coming back to those spots with a husband and 4 kids!




We also made a quick stop at the building I spent 50 hours a week in for 2 years on the campus of Wake Forest.  It was locked, but I made Strider peer through the glass doors to see the plaques that had the names of my team members and me on them from competitions we won years ago.  :)
It was fun giving the kids the whole tour....  Probably more fun for me than for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment