Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Why do I even try?

So this week I've been eagerly and diligently trying to make use of the beautiful, sunny warm weather, in case it might be our last week of it before winter.  Each day I've systematically been washing all of the bedding, towels, pillows, blankets, etc., in the house, and then hanging everything out on the clothesline to dry.  (There are few better feelings than that!)

Tonight, just as I was thinking, "I only have 2 more loads of sheets to do tomorrow and then just think how nice and clean all the linens in this house will be!".... I went outside into the garage and there on the floor -- of the garage, as I mentioned -- was a recently used bath towel of a child to remain un-named!  Never mind, I'm naming names. It was Miles.  That boy gets away with the craziest stuff around here.  I mean, who takes a relatively clean towel outside, and then just leaves it there?

And all I could think was the person who said that trying to do housework while the kids were still in it was like brushing your teeth while you're eating Oreos was so RIGHT!

More laundry for me tomorrow...

Meanwhile, I've been typing this after I thought Miles was asleep.  Now he just came downstairs looking like this:

Motherhood is definitely chasing away any illusions I might have of being in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment