Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

On lizards


Colsen heard me shriek when I came upon a little lizard on the screen of my front door a couple days ago.  Today he offered me this advice:

"Mom, when you see a lizard, you should just be quiet.  Know why?  Because then the lizard will get bored and just go away.  You shouldn’t scream when you see a lizard because it sounds like a squeal, and they think that is their language.  So they’ll think you want to have a conversation with them, and they’ll stick around to have the rest of the conversation.  So, what you should do is just say, “I’m sorry, I’m busy right now,” and then they’ll leave."

So, in case you come upon a lizard anytime soon, you now know what to do!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Colsen, I wish I had known this advice on Saturday when I found a green lizard on the breadmaker in my kitchen! I did in fact scream, and perhaps jump up and down (a little). I called on the bravest 7-year-old-neighbor-boy and he, along with my brave 6-year-old-boy managed to scoot the conversationalist right outside. Colsen, do you have advice on getting rid of a few other things we have had inside our house this summer: maggots (crawling ALL over the kitchen floor) and a baby bird (who I thought had miraculously laid an egg, but...it turned out to be a yogurt raisin).

    ReplyDelete