Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dizzying

I still maintain that one of the most challenging aspects of parenting is fielding the innumerable questions lobbed at one all day long.  To compound the struggle, many of the questions are outside the realm of rational thought categories, making one's brain just hurt.

For example...

Early this morning, before my brain even had time to get itself ready, Miles walked up to me, and with no context whatsoever, said,

"Mom, is it true that colors go on forever?"

I had no idea what he was talking about, so asked him what he meant.  He, of course, just repeated the question.  Thinking that colors don't really end, I guess, I said,

"Ummm... I guess so."

He clarified, "So there's no no more colors?"  (and by "clarified" I mean NOT AT ALL)

I decided to just agree with him...  because really I guess there are an infinite number of colors, right?

"I guess," I said.

At that, he turned around and left the room, saying with great disdain, "That just doesn't even make any sense!"

I just sat there wondering what had just happened.


***
p.s.  Just overheard this conversation...


Pete:  Miles, did you take a shower?
Miles:  Yes.
Pete:  Did you use soap?
Miles:  Yes.  You're lucky!
Pete:  Why am I lucky?
Miles: Because I hardly ever use soap!




No comments:

Post a Comment