Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fun Fall Project

I read about making waxed leaves on a web site last week, and we decided to give it a try! Turns out dipping stuff in wax is fun for everyone -- even me.

The process:


And the results:



We even went back outside and got some more items... flowers, herbs, broken sticks, rocks... anything we could dip!

And here was my favorite thing -- now preserved forever in wax.



We ended up making some fall decorations out of the leaves...


So it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.... although trying to scrape all the dried wax droplets off the stovetop the next afternoon was not as much of a fun time. Live and learn I guess!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Did you melt a candle? How did you attach the leaves to your 'string' to hang them? Can you tell I want to do this with my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy! We just used wax from the grocery store -- in the canning aisle. It was so easy! And then we just stapled the stems to some ribbon... I'm sure there are much more creative uses to be found for them, though... Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete