Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

A good day for a Mai-Tai.

Pete's been out of town, and when I woke up this morning after the 7 hours I attempted to sleep, during which I was awakened FIVE times by 3 different children, I thought that this could be an interesting day.

And then when Miles pulled a pile of large serving bowls out of the cabinet and dropped them on the floor so that 3 of them broke, before I had even made breakfast, I thought, "Lord, I am pretty sure I am going to need YOUR strength today."

And, yes it was an interesting day, and yes, I did need the Lord's strength.

For example, I sent the kids out in the backyard this afternoon, and 20 minutes later I heard them all troop back in, and the first words out of Strider's mouth was, "We're all going up for showers, Mom." I didn't even want to look.... I knew my next hour had just been spoken for. And I was right!

Later in the afternoon I walked in to find this scene:

Hmmmm... I was trying to think about how I could make the most of this, but then of course before I could even turn around, here was how it looked:

One of the bright spots of the day, though, was a fun visit with Katie and Titus. Poor little Titus woke up when he arrived here and found all 4 kids, and me, staring at him... I love his little face in this picture!
And although I didn't get any alcoholic drinks to help me through the day, I did get a Mai-Tai... or should I say, a "MI-TI:"

(Miles on the left and Titus on the right!).

So all is good.

P.S. I was just telling Pete on the phone that Titus is getting so big -- even though he's 5 months younger than Miles, he seems like he's almost as tall. Pete's reply was, "No way -- Miles could kick his butt." Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment