Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More Smiles of Miles

Miles has been a lot of fun lately -- and definitely full of smiles.

And he also has some fun little quirky things he does -- like crawling over to us and then sticking his butt up in the air as a "sign" that he wants to picked up. He also does a funny little hand-sign when he wants to eat - -purely instinctual, not learned. (It's interesting to me, though, because it's the same sign I've taught the other kids in previous years. It must be a universal instinct!)

And his latest little habit is wanting to engage people in conversation, unbothered by the fact that he only knows one word: "AAAA." That is what he's saying in these pictures:

He likes to have this conversation with anyone he can make eye contact with... needless to say, he was a little loud during church on Sunday.

His favorite "comfort" these days is sucking his thumb while holding onto my shirt (or occasionally, Pete's shirt). I love it, of course. I feel a little guilty, though, when I have to get something else done, like make lunch, and he's crying for me to pick him up. He'll eventually get to the point that he's satisfied with just holding my pant leg while sucking his thumb! Strider tried to get a picture of that this morning, but Miles got distracted by the camera. ..

Here's a little video showing both of these little mannerisms:





Sometimes he can be serious or pensive...



...but most of the time he is miles of smiles!

2 comments: