Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pictures from last weekend

The first big highlight of the weekend was the arrival of our long-awaited new living room sofa. Something about a couch on the bed of a pick-up truck worked as a magnet for our kids. They wanted to permanently camp out here.


Eventually we got it in the house, though.... and it was good timing because Saturday morning was our neighborhood yard sale day, so we were able to sell our old couch then! I was a little sad to see the ol' green thing go, though. I bought it when I was a single girl on my own -- one of my first big purchases. And it's been the center of all our living rooms since then -- I loved it! But it was definitely time to say Goodbye.

(Why does it seem like this kid has no energy?? The pictures are misleading, I assure you)

Afterwards, Strider's baseball season started! He was happy to resume his place at the plate, and on the field (and it turns out he DID have energy after all):

And the rest of us resumed our game-watching (or at least -attending) positions:

Then on Sunday we had a picnic for some of the college students in our church going to Beach Project this summer. Some friends of ours graciously hosted... Here's Pete doing his MC routine:
I love seeing different generations getting to know one another.
Once again, a weekend to be thankful for! (And, yes, Sarah, you made it onto the blog! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment