Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tagged


I am honored to have been tagged in this blogging game by 2 wonderful friends of mine -- who happen to be sisters! -- and are "cool and lovelee", Alleyn and Alely.

So what I am supposed to do is write 7 things about myself here, and then tag 7 other bloggers to do the same.

When I first read that, I thought that would be hard to do, since this blog is already ALL about ME! Seemed like it would be rather redundant. And maybe it is... but it was an interesting exercise to try and think of things that describe just me -- not my kids, not my husband, etc. And then once I was on the trail, I found it hard to stop at only 7, of course!

So, here is the snapshot of me in my 30's.

1. I am a teacher at heart. I like to teach any age group, kids or adults. And I've realized that as long as I have the textbook and can stay a chapter, or even a few pages, ahead of my students, I can teach just about any subject. (Well, maybe not quantum mechanics or something... but any regular subject)

2. I am a "big picture" person. I love ideas, casting vision, creating new things, etc. But I don't like details, implementation, follow-ups or menial chores. Most things in my life just get the "squint test:" If I look fine when I squint at myself in the mirror, then I'm good to go. Wrinkles, small spots, etc., aren't noticeable. If my living room looks alright when I squint, then I consider it clean enough.

3. I try to walk the line between maximizing efficiency and beauty. Although my home usually reflects neither.

4. When I'm choosing a movie to watch or a book to read, I find myself less and less interested in the artistic, poetic, or super-deep options, since they usually have sad or hard endings. I've decided I see enough of that in real life, so when I want to be entertained, I want a happy escape. Only stories with hope, redemption, comedy, or happily-ever-after for me, please!

5. The transition to motherhood was pretty hard for me (transitions are in general, I think), but now almost a decade into it, I think I'm finding my groove.

6. I find it actually quite fulfilling to make and serve my family things like homemade whole-wheat bread, homemade yogurt, soups with herbs out of my garden, etc. This is very strange to me because for years I viewed cooking as a big waste of time, since the results of the effort were consumed and disappeared so quickly.

7. My ideal Sunday lunch is tuna melts and Doritos.

Ok, so now in honor of the sisters who tagged me, I'm going to follow the sister theme, and tag the following:
  1. My sister, Katie
  2. My sister, Karin (who probably won't do this since her husband usually maintains their blog, but she should because it would be really interesting)
  3. My sister-in-law, Karen
  4. My sister-in-law, Amy
  5. Her sister-in-law, Christina
  6. My sister-in-law, Keiko (who also probably won't do this because she doesn't really blog anymore, but just in case!)
  7. My "sister" who's a daughter of my father's brother (that counts, right?), Linsey

And since I'm pretty sure some of the above won't participate, I'm giving myself a couple bonus tags: Mindy (even though I know you just did something similar... it's an extra challenge for you!), Heather, Kathy,and Kerry.

I can hear the collective groans from the above list, but let me just say 3 things, girls... 1. It's an "honor" -- an award! 2. It's actually a fun exercise to go through. Who doesn't like examining and talking about oneself?? 3. If you're reading this and you're on the list, then you're IT!
:)

2 comments:

  1. loveLee amy! i heart your #'s 3, 4, 7, and most definitely #6...well the last sentence anyways. i'm thankful i have a hubby who enjoys and loves to cook. but i do my fair share of the cooking too : ). thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, I may come back to our blog someday...now I have facebook and mixi( Japanese one)...and my blog is bilingual so it uses my brain cells more...now i got prego brain, it is not easy! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete