Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ohio State Fair

One of the highlights of this year's Ohio trip was an excursion to the FAIR! This was a first for my kids, and Pete was more than thrilled to introduce them to a place where he feels quite at home. As he would say, "Animal races, butter statues, deep-fried food... what's not to love?" So off they went.



The whole group ...
The butter statues, and some fans thereof:


Uncle Al participating in a bird demonstration:
Watching a sheep-shearing (or trimming, sheeping, clippering, wooling, or shimming... all words my kids have used when trying to describe it to me):


Pig races! Seeing some cows -- and a baby calf born that morning:



No pictures were given to me of the food consumed... but Pete is a big fan of this article, which gives a good description of the available delicacies.

I'm glad they had fun.... and I'm kind of glad I wasn't there. :)

1 comment:

  1. If Pete enjoys that, y'all should come to Texas in late September/early October and we'll introduce you to the State Fair of Texas, home of every fried food imaginable (fried butter, fried twinkies, fried pickles...and those are the mild options!)...

    ReplyDelete