Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Letter "P" Day

Colsen has been begging to "do preschool," so we finally put together his first official school experience. We invited a little girl in our neighborhood over, and her older sister came, too. In fact, Rayna and Ashlyn (the older sister) decided that our preschool activities were so fun, they ended up participating with us the whole time. The more the merrier! We hope to have these preschool days a few times a month.

For the "program" I went back to my files and pulled out my dusty copy of "Letter Fun Days," which I had created when Strider was little. Since Preschool starts with "P," I decided to make our first day all about that letter.

So, first the kids put on their "Letter P" stickers, and then, to be appropriately attired, they donned Purple and Pink Polka Dots.
We talked about words that start with P, including the Spanish word for "door" (Puerta), sang a couple songs that started with P, and learned a Bible verse that started with P.

Then we did some crafts about Penguins... We also read a couple books for storytime that started with P (including the favorite, "The Poky Little Puppy") and then we went outside to Play!

That was the extent of the Preschool Program, (we ran out of time to play with Play-Dough and make Popcorn!) but as a family we also carried on the P theme with our food for the day.... Pancakes for breakfast, Pears, Peppers, Protein shakes, and Personal yogurt cups for lunch, and Pizza and Peas for dinner. (I was at work during the dinner hour, though, so I suspect the Peas might have been "forgotten.")

Colsen, when asked about his first preschool experience said, "Preschool was good. But... all we did is talk about the Letter P. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to talk about the Letter A...."

And so another opinionated young mind joins the ranks of Poplar Streams Academy...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Is Colsen left-handed? Philip is. He is currently writing all letters in his name, and the direction of his name, backwards. I hope this is simply developmental, but I think being left handed has something to do with it as well.

    ReplyDelete