Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Extreme Makeover: Family Hair Edition

[For being in a family in which 33% of the members are basically bald, I still seem to write a lot about hair. (See here, here, and here). I have no real explanation for that.]

Thursday was a long-awaited day for me: the day of Strider's first scheduled haircut since April. He's greatly enjoyed growing his hair long for the first time ever... but it had reached a point that he was just too shaggy for my liking. Plus all his roots were growing in. :)

And, to join in the haircut fun, Colsen also got his rather messy mane cut, we trimmed Miles' hair, and Pete even cut his goatee for a new look, so that all the Frank men have a new look.

I did take some good "before" shots, but all of them were erased accidentally, so I went back through the regular archives for some pictures of how they all looked recently.

So here's Strider, BEFORE (doing a Taekwondo move, I believe):

And here's his AFTER (He was trying hard not to smile, and then got mad because I made him laugh):How I had missed those eyebrows! I'm glad they're back.

Here's Colsen's BEFORE (hard to see under the goggles...)
...And his AFTER

Here's Pete's BEFORE (with his long, wizardly/professorial/Harley-ish look):
...And his trimmed-up AFTER look:
And now Miles's BEFORE:

And his AFTER:
Or wait, maybe I have those backwards. Kind of hard to tell.
Honestly, though, we did give him his first real cut -- see?

And don't tell him he doesn't have a lot of hair. He thinks he has plenty, thank you very much.
So much, in fact, that sometimes he needs to use my headband to keep the long locks out of his face.

Such handsome men I get to live with!

No comments:

Post a Comment