Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Mr. Independent

Milo grew by a leap or a bound today. Right before my very eyes, my baby got bigger. Here are some of the things he was doing...

Helping himself to a snack (without asking, I might add. He'd pushed a big chair from another room into the kitchen so he could reach):

Of course he spilled some, but when I handed him the Dustbuster, he cheerfully cleaned them all up!

An about an hour later, I came downstairs to find him unloading the dishwasher very methodically. This is one of his new passions, and he will do it often -- whether the dishes are dirty or clean.

Today the dishes happened to be clean, so I let him keep right on going.



After lunch today Colsen had announced he was done using a booster seat for meals. So this opened up a spot at the big table for the littlest guy. Milo was promoted out of his high chair, much to his great delight. A "miles-stone" for sure. What a big boy.

As I was just loading these pictures now to write this, I went out in the backyard and found Miles had climbed up and was standing precariously on the platform for our zip line (higher than my head). He was furious when I pulled him down. Then he ran over and climbed up on a balance beam (higher than his head) and refused angrily any time I tried to hold his hand or touch him in any way.

Sigh. My little Mr. Independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment