Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Besides raindrops on roses and brown-paper packages tied up with string, these are some of my other recent favorite things...



1. Circle Time.

To begin our family circle time each morning, we sing the chorus to a song by Chris Rice, called "Circle Up" (lyrics here). Years ago when we started doing this, it was just Strider and me -- a pretty small circle. So it is a joy for me to see the group grow. These days when I just say the words "Circle up," Miles comes running with his hands outstretched. I love how he beams through the whole song.

2. Games with friends.

We recently got together with good friends and played some more "minute-to-win-it" games. It's fun to see all ages playing together. ...Even the littlest guys invented their own game when we were finished with these items...

3. Seeing my kids read together.

Strider has been a good helper and teacher for awhile now, so now it's fun to see Rayna be in this role, too. The little boys loved listening to her the other day!

4. This web site/game.

It's just like the real-life Simon game we used to have! We've been having some family competitions lately. (Strider just took the title with a high score of 23. Let us know if you beat it!) Or, when we're in a more ornithological mood, we play this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment