Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sightings

Here are some of the things we've seen this weekend:

* A reunion of "old" friends. A group of us got together both Friday and Saturday nights... and when we calculated how long we've been friends, we realized it had been, gulp, almost 30 years. Crazy. And very fun to have some extended time together. And while I was with them on Friday, Pete was seeing some...

* Shattering Skeet. At a rehearsal dinner cook-out, Pete and the other guys there all got to do some skeet shooting. And according to the guys I talked to later, Pete had a pretty impressive percentage hit. I'm not sure if I should be proud that my husband is a good marksman or not. His former students were impressed.

* A beautiful bride and adorable-in-a-huge-teddy-bear-kind-of-way groom. A couple, who we've been meeting with pretty regularly the last several months, got married yesterday. Pete and I have enjoyed getting to know this young couple, and watching their relationship develop. Being at their wedding was a joy. And we got to see a lot of Wingate students, past and present, so that was fun.

* A million ants. In our kitchen. Again. The good that came out of this is that I finally won the game of chicken I was playing with Pete, and he ended up cleaning out our pantry. We were both trying to outlast each other to see how cluttered it could get without it driving us to the point of taking everything out and organzing it. I won.

* A small alligator in a pond in our neighborhood. Yep. That is what they're insisting. Pete took the 3 older kids biking on some trails in the woods today, and they came home saying they saw an alligator in the swamp they went by. Pete confirms that it was something at least 2-3 feet long with scales on its back, and he does indeed think it was an alligator. Double Crazy.

Now I'm off to a girls' night out and we'll be going in a friend's hot tub. I certainly hope there are no alligator sightings there!

No comments:

Post a Comment