Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Birthday blessings

This has been my best birthday ever!  (Pete says I say that every year -- just like my mom does -- but it's still always true.) 

I have felt very blessed today -- by so many people.  This morning the first thing I heard about was how our house had been "candy-caned" by some friends -- what a fun way to wake up!  And throughout the day I've heard from many friends and family members....  love that. 

 I also got to start and end the day with Pete's delicious cooking:  French toast and bacon in the morning, and the unique cake pictured above in the evening (which was more of a group project).  Pete and the kids all gave me some very thoughtful and fun gifts, too.  And Strider had this tidbit to share:  "Mom, you should have had me when you were 20.  Then you'd be almost a grandmother by now!"  THAT was sobering to think about.

I had planned to spend some time with my grandmother, who is in town, and my parents, but since Mor-Mor was under the weather, that had to be postponed.  Other Wray family members quickly scrambled the jets and brought out the reinforcements, and I was delighted to have a special (Chick Fil-A) lunch with Katie, Titus, Karin and Dan.  Karin tells me none of the pictures (on her camera) that included her turned out well, suspiciously, so these are the only ones I have from that event:


(That's how I feel about being 38!)

Tonight, after enjoying a beautiful sunset (my birthday gift from God?), I had a fun time with the fam as we continued our movie "series" (we only get to watch about 30 minutes a night, so it takes us a long time to finish an entire movie), which has been "Christmas with the Kranks" -with the Franks.  I love saying that. 

 So all in all, it's been a great day!  Oh -- and I found out I got promoted and a pay raise at Princeton Review, so that was another fun gift.

Definitely my best birthday ever!

2 comments: