Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Recent conversations

Me: Cole, from now on every time I hear you say the word "hate" you're going to have a negative consequence.  You're going to have to give me one of your coins each time.
Colsen:  I get to give you one of my coins?!  Oh, I like that!
Me:  Ummmm.... well, in that case, I'm going to have to think of another consequence.  I guess from now on you'll have to go sit on the stairs (in time-out).
Colsen:  [Pause]  Well, I like sitting on the stairs, so I guess we can't do that.

(Since this initial conversation, he has continued to use this logic on me repeatedly.  "I can't go to my room -- because I like it!" etc.)


Me: (Reading about Heaven) "And there will be no more mourning and no more pain..."
Strider:  Colsen, did you hear that?  There's going to be no more mourning in Heaven.  So it will always be afternoon!
Me:  Wait, what?  Is that what you think it says, Strider?
Strider:  No, not anymore.  I used to think that.  But then I realized what it meant, and just kept it as a little joke.



Me:  Rayna, why are you wearing my sweater?
Rayna:  I don't know.  I'm just cute!



Me:  Are you taking him out looking like this?  There are holes in his shirt?
Peter:  Oh, it's fine.  It's not like we're going to the fashion show or something.



Colsen:  Owwwww...I broke my fingers!  They're not going to work for 5 days! 
Me:  That's too bad.  You're not going to be able to pick anything up.
Colsen:  I'll just put a magnet on my hand, and then I can pick up things that way.



Colsen:  Why do mans have that sharp stuff on their chins, but ladies don't?
Me:  Mmmmm... I don't know...
Colsen:  Is it because mans use a lot of tools and get dirty, and the sharp stuff keeps the dirt off their face?
Me:  Yes, that could be it!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing all of the cute things they say! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny--I always enjoy reading your kids conversations! Tell Colsen that in Afghanistan, the Marines grow mustaches to keep the sand from getting up their noses! Purposeful prickly things ;0)

    ReplyDelete