Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Strider's thoughts on the medical field

We were driving in the car the other day, and I used the word "saliva" as I was describing something.  Strider immediately interrupted and said,  "Ooooohhhh... Don't say that word! I can't stand the word saliva!"  And this is how the conversation progressed:

Me:  Saliva! Saliva!
Strider: Mom! Stop! I almost want to throw up!
Me:  Man, Strider, if you're ever going to be a doctor, you are going to have to get tougher than that!
S: I am NEVER going to be a doctor. That is the one job I would rather be a garbage man instead of. I don't care if doctors make $20,000 more.
Me: I think the salary difference is much more than that.
S:  Wait, really? A lot more?
Me: Well, it depends what kind of doctor you are. If you do the harder stuff, you get paid more.
S:  Like what? What is the hard stuff?
Me: Like being a brain surgeon or something.
S: Oh well I could do THAT! That wouldn't be hard. I just couldn't ever do the stuff like pulling gummy bears out of kids' noses!
(Strider is reading over my shoulder as I write this, and says I shouldn't even post it.  He thinks it's "too gross" and no one wants to read this.  He predicts no one will ever want to read this blog again.  But I still want to record it anyway, so oh well!)

1 comment:

  1. Strider: pulling a gummy bear out of a kids nose is gross! Peas are much cleaner.

    ReplyDelete