Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Things I'm thankful for: Hearing my children pray


One of my greatest joys is hearing the kids pray.  They all have different things they emphasize....

...One of them is always the first to say he wants to pray.  Even if someone else is chosen to lead the prayer, he insists he must join in as well.  I love his enthusiasm in talking to God.

...One of them usually remembers to pray for missionaries and hurting people around the world.  She also says things like "Thank you that I can repent.  I won't do ___ again."  I love her faith in how big and attentive God is.

...One of them is very worshipful, usually throwing in phrases like about how awesome God is and how much he loves Him.  He often says things like, "Thank you God for all the trees and all the beautiful things you made.  And thank you God that I love you."  I love how passionate he is about God.

...And one of them is very purposeful and thoughtful in his prayers, asking God to deeper things than I would have thought of.  I love his innocent and growing faith.

It is a precious thing to be in the presence of child-faith.


(The child pictured above is......can you guess??.....  Strider, many years ago.  :)  )



No comments:

Post a Comment