Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Help around the house

Our "simple life" has gotten a touch more busy with Pete working so much now!  For the month of February, he's scheduled for 17 hours per week of instructional time -- almost double the load he usually has at home.  Since he's gone a lot Monday-Friday, and keeping the house up is more than I can handle on my own (thanks to 2 hairy dogs, the fine black dust that keeps settling on everything, the humidity that causes excessive condensation to form on everything, and the lack of appliances I'm used to) with teaching the kids, too, we've hired a young Moldovan woman to come over two afternoons a week to help.

 Tania has been such a blessing!  Not only is she a very diligent and capable house-cleaner, but she also loves the kids and enjoys playing with them.  So I often have her watch the little boys for an hour or 2 while I finish up school with Strider and Rayna.  I love that!!  I've got to find a way to do this back in North Carolina.  (Unfortunately the labor rates there are much, much higher...so this is not very likely.)

Colsen, in particular, counts down the days until Tania comes because his favorite part of the week is following her around helping her clean!  He gets his rags and spray bottle of vinegar and water, and goes to town, right by her side the whole time.  I hope this industriousness lasts through adulthood. 

We've been so thankful for the help Tania provides-- and for her friendship and generosity.  She brings us gifts and offers to do things for us that I wouldn't have even thought of.  God's provision through her has been very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment