Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On the eve of turning 3

Well, Miles, it's finally almost here!  You get to turn 3 tomorrow.  We know you'd rather be 4 or 5, or really 20, but we hope you enjoy 3 anyway.  We love how grown up you've become, full of opinions, ideas, and directives for the rest of us.  And yet still you are our snuggler -- ready to hold one of our shirts and suck your thumb at any time.  I love how well you hug us.

You are very concerned with justice- - often letting us know when one of your siblings is breaking a rule.  When you were born, we prayed Micah 6:8 for you -- asking God to help you to "act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."  So we're happy to see that you have the first part down... and now we look forward to seeing the other two aspects develop as well.  :)

You still have a very strong will -- which we pray the Lord uses for His purposes as well.  We have a lot of dialogues like this:

Daddy:  Sorry, Miles, we told you several times to not touch that thing, but you disobeyed, so now you can't have any ice cream tonight.
Miles:  But I WANT ice cream!  Please!!  Daddy!  I WANT it!! 
(wailed over and over until we are ready to lose our minds... and then...)
Daddy:  Miles, that's enough.   You can't have any.
Miles:  But... I NEED ice cream!  My mouth is so hot!
(We laugh)
Miles:  What's so funny??  It's not funny!

We love that you are learning well -- even some Romanian phrases -- and that you love to play.  Lately you've been getting your siblings to join you in a little guitar band.  You also know your way around my iPad better than I do, as well as every other electronic device in the house.  Now that you know how to work the DVD remote, you like to push "pause" a lot, because, as you say, you "want to tell you sumpin."

I tried to take your picture this morning, and in true Milo fashion, you gave me these poses first:

... until I finally got a normal one.

 But once you got a "guitar" in your hands, you lit right up!


Yesterday I pulled out the video camera to ask you about your birthday.  You insist on changing the date.  When we tell you your birthday is on Thursday, you say that it's actually Saturday. 

I wish I had also videoed you watching this on the computer -- you completely crack up at yourself!

And you crack us up, and delight us, too.  We love you, Milo-Q!

No comments:

Post a Comment