Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Joy for Joi, week 3

It is once again the day of the week known as Joi 'round these parts, so in an effort to continue to distract myself from the fact that it is now February, my hands-down least favorite month of the calendar, I continue on with my Joy Journal.  (I'm now on #113!)

Here are some of my entries from this week:

+ warm pipes running under the floors
+ knowing that we can "put on" compassion, kindness, and patience, even when they don't spring out of us naturally (loving Colossians 3:12 this week)
+ tasty fruit juices, new to us
+ Scrabble Slam games with Strider
+ Cole's constant stream of imagination
+ having company for dinner
+ the long-awaited END of an online contest (Strider's math video voting is finally over -- thank you everyone who voted!  They made it to the top 20 and are now heading into the judging round.)
+ a man who can bench-press his sons


+ a 2-year old deftly entertaining himself with an iPad

+ hearing impromptu "I love you's" from my sweet daughter during tense school moments

Thanking the Lord for another week of abundant blessings here in the deep freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment