Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Joy for Joi, birthday edition

This is the 4th Thursday (Joi) that I've sat down to record some of the week's "joys"... but today I don't even have to reach for my notebook/list.  There is more than enough to list just from living this day-- Milo's 3rd birthday! 

So here are some of the things that I am thankful for today:

+ Older siblings who wanted to make decorations for their younger brother



+ Hearing the delight in Miles' voice when he first woke up this morning and asked, "Can I have cake and ice cream?  Am I 3 now???!"

+ Lovely Tania, our new friend, bringing Miles gifts and all of us delicious Moldovan treats that she made!

+ Hearing Miles practice saying, "Eu am trei ani" (I am 3!)

+ Watching the whole family wrap gifts (in blankets -- we have no wrapping paper!) for the youngest

+Watching the little guy open the gifts



+ Enjoying a special family dinner, topped with an ice cream cake*!


+ Getting to talk to Mor-Mor on her 91st birthday

+ Receiving calls and messages from people who love Milo

Yes, plenty of joy today!





* Ice cream cake may sound like a strange choice when our thermometer has only gone over 20 degrees twice in as long as I can remember (and our indoor temperature has been hovering around 62).... but I'm still not confident with this oven, and there is no cake flour, etc., here.... so ice cream cake (with chopped up chocolate bars, strawberries, and home-grown walnuts) it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment