Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Colsen's characters

A few of the things Colsen's been lately...

"Here's the Bug Man" he proclaims proudly. "Do you have any bug problems for me?"
(Spraying for ants.)


Don't know why this picture is so blurry... it gives the impression he was moving quickly... but in actuality he announced he was a TURTLE:



Today he was a worker man, loading his broken lawnmower onto the trailer on his truck, to take it away to fix it...


Sometimes he's a "goat-monkey" whose father was a polar bear, or some other random combination. There's always a long back-story for whatever animal he is.

And yesterday he told me, "Know what I am? I can't tell you. It's a secret. But it's REALLY cool."

And sometimes he tries to parlay the imaginary play into something useful.... such as the other day at lunch. He asked for "Coke Zero" to drink. When he saw my incredulous look of askance, he quickly clarified, "It's cuz I'm a different boy! I'm not Colsen!" Nice try, little guy.

Even though it does not provide him benefits in the soft drink consumption realm, his imagination is certainly keeping him entertained for hours and hours... and us, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment