Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Pics from the weekend

For a lot of the weekend, Pete was on a retreat with the rest of the church leadership (during which he apparently fell head-over-heels into some sort of hole while attempting to catch a long football pass.... hmmmm.....) while the rest of us were home fending for ourselves.

Thankfully, we had an invitation to go celebrate Graham's 29th birthday, so I traipsed our little circus over there to add to the celebration/noise. Katie and Graham cooked us all a huge, delicious, gourmet brunch!! It was fantastic, and a great way to spend a lovely Saturday morning. Even without some of the key members of the Wray family (we were down 5 adults), we still proved that it is impossible for there to ever be fewer simultaneous table conversations than there are people at the table. Seriously, I think we ALL talk at once for most of the time. Much more efficient that way.

Little Mini-Graham enjoyed the festivities...
The kids' table was fun as always... and not as loud as the adult table...
Karin brought her very cool camera and lens, and her recently-gained photography knowledge, and started snapping shots of the various characters outside. She got some fun ones I think:
Then...
Some very kind friends of ours had offered to babysit for us Saturday night so we could go out on a date. I am happy to say that Pete made it home in time for us to go out, because I was going anyway, with or without him. Of course it was much better to go with him, the man who continues to be my best friend. Best friend with benefits!

My neck looks fat here and I don't like how I'm standing, etc.,... but I wanted picture proof that we did actually go out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment