Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Look who's 1



It's very strange that THIS was just one year ago. There's been a lot of change in that year...

Then:
and Now:
"YAY!"

Our little Milo has been a great delight to us all. He's also kept us entertained, and busy....

Now that he is primarily walking, he gets into more and more stuff. He is one-half of the "Make-sure-Mom-never-sits-down Duo" as he and Colsen keep me opening and closing bathroom doors all day long (Miles makes a bee-line to the toilet anytime a door is open, and Colsen can't open the closed doors, but has to pee about 37 times a day).

Miles and I also have a special game called, "Dishwasher War," in which I open the dishwasher to put dirty dishes in and he rushes over to put all the dirty knives in his mouth. Then I whisk him away to the farthest corner of our house, sprint back to load about 4 dishes before he returns, and then we repeat the process.

He's getting a little verbal, which is fun. He has "words" for light and all-done, and whenever he's hungry he'll go "Mmmmmmm" until we feed him. For months now, anytime he sees anyone pick up a coat, purse, or wallet, he starts saying "Bah! Bah!' and follows us around until we finally leave. Sometimes we think he's saying Mama or Dada on purpose.... but maybe not. The other day I was nursing him and he paused to start clapping! I thought it was so sweet that he was appreciating me so much... until he started saying, "Dadadada!" Oh well.

And of course our favorite thing about this little guy is how much he loves hugs. His favorite thing still is to suck his thumb while grasping my shirt (he prefers cotton). And if that is not readily available, he'll settle for my pant-leg (which restricts my mobility considerably, but I never can get frustrated when he's so cute giving me a hug), or for another family member's shirt.

Happy birthday little fellow, and may God continue to keep His hand of mercy on you as you grow as His merciful son.


p.s. And happy birthday to my Mor-Mor, too!!

4 comments:

  1. My this year has flown! Happy birthday, Miles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a mor-mor? My hubby also had a mor-mor. Is your family Swedish?

    Happy Birthday Milo and Mor-Mor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kerry! My grandmother is half Swedish and half Norwegian.
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete