Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our unexpected (ancestral) lunch-time visitor

Colsen just walked into the kitchen and announced in a deep voice, "Hi guys! Know who I am? I'm Nonna and Poppa's dad!" He went on to inform us that he was "bery" old but can still walk, and lucky us, he would be staying at our house for lunch. He continued to converse in character...

Me: Well, then, welcome to our house. What is your name, by the way?
C: Richie.
Me: Well, nice to meet you Richie.
C: Oh, and you can be happy because I'm going to be staying here at your house overnight.
Me: Ok, that will work. We'll have an extra bed in Strider's room, since Colsen isn't here.
C: Where is Colsen?
Me: Oh, he went to visit his friend Benjamin.
C: Benjamin? Who's Benjamin? I do not know this boy.

A few minutes after this, he slipped out of the room, and a moment later came back in, triumphantly...

C: Hey, it's me, Colsen! I'm back!
Me: Oh, you just missed meeting Richie. He's a nice man who was just here.
C: I saw him in the street on my way home.
Me: You saw him??
C: Yeah. I got in a car accident.
Me: Oh no, you did?
C: Yeah, I crashed into Richie.
Me: Really!
C: Yeah, and my head hit the steering wheel. But I don't have a bump or anything.... See? No bump.

Then later Richie reappeared, hung out with us for awhile, but then announced, "Ok, guys, I gotta go. Poppa needs me. Bye!"

He was a very nice houseguest, and we'll miss him.


p.s. I just asked Colsen if I could take a picture of Richie, but he said, "No! Richie's not here anymore!"

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing imagination on this guy!! Wonder what the Lord wants to do with such a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAHA striedr p.s. I changed my name

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! He must make your life so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I love teaching Colsen in Children's Church! He is so attentive and engaged with everything we're doing. He pays such close attention and seems to love every minute. Plus, he is very cute! Thanks for sharing this cute story.

    ReplyDelete