Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More Questions Kids Ask


Some questions make me chuckle...

Colsen (as we were driving home from church): I'm tired, so I'm going to go to sleep. Wake me up if you see any bears. Grizzly bears. (short pause) Do you think we'll see any grizzly bears?

Strider: What was the name of the stage band you were in at school? Amy and the Heartbreakers?

Some just seem unanswerable...

Colsen: Do you know why this celery always chokes myself?

Strider: Do you think I will be beheaded someday?

Some are completely out of the blue and I have to work hard to read the ask-ers mind...

Rayna: What size is it?
Me: What size is what??

Rayna: What was her name?
Me: Who in the world are you talking about?

Some are just frustrating...

Me: I made cabbage tonight that has beer and and honey in it, so you'll like it.
Strider: Well.... what kind of beer?


And some are repeated a million times a day and make me want to beat my head against a wall at times....

Colsen: I have to go fix something -- you know why? (Me: Why?) Cuz I need to use my wrench -- you know why? (Me: Why?) Cuz this bolt is really big -- you know why? (Me: Why?) Daddy gave me a big one. And I have to put it on this wood -- you know why? (Me: Serenity now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment