Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Reward!

When we first announced we would be going to Moldova for 6 months, someone in my family said there was no way I would ever actually follow through with that.  Someone else in my family disagreed, and a little friendly wager, in the form of a dinner at a fancy restaurant, was placed.  Last night that wager was paid up -- and I was kindly invited along to partake as well.

Because the nature of how this dinner was paid for is a little secretive (think mystery shopping), I won't disclose the location, but will just say it was very, very nice.

Someone drank ALL of this wine!

And now I will wrap up this rather cryptic post, with no names or places detailed, with a fuzzy picture -- which is probably how we all looked to the person who consumed all of the wine by the end of the evening!

It was a very nice evening, and I considered it one of my big rewards for going through with Pete's Moldovan Scheme!

 (Speaking of which, I came across this link on the NPR web site the other day, which lists 7 countries "behind the curtain of communism."  Moldova is one of them!  If I had known that before we went there, I may have been a bit more hesitant....)

No comments:

Post a Comment