Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Gaming

I just bought the game Yahtzee for everyone, but haven't yet shown them how to play it.  This did not deter Rayna and Miles who spent quite awhile holed up in a room together playing it.  The rest of us were in the living room when we heard Miles suddenly yell, "I WON!"  Then Rayna exclaimed, "Good job!!"

I was curious about this, so when they came to join us, I said, "Miles, you don't even know how to play that game."

"I know," he grinned.  "I just made it up."

"What did you make up?" I asked.

"We just added up the points we got when we rolled -- all the way to 100!" he said triumphantly.

I was curious... "How did you do that??"

"You know," he answered.  "Like 71 + 3 is 74... all the way to 100."

"You added both of your scores all the way up to 100?" I asked, knowing that math was not really Rayna's thing.

He chuckled and said, "Well, I just made Rayna's score up each time.  She always grabbed the dice real fast after she rolled."

It is so shocking that he actually won this game.  :)

I love that they were both so thrilled with the outcome!  Who needs the real rules anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment